Smitha Sadanandan is an accomplished journalist, as well as a freelance writer & editor based in Chicago. Since her stint in London, she has been specialising in the luxury industry. As a trend researcher and writer for The Futurist Luxury Forecast, she track down trends in the jewellery & watch industry.
She was previously the Co-Editor (International) of KaterinaPerez.com, a fine & high jewellery and watches blog, for two years. She contributed to Azyaamode (Middle East-based luxury digital magazine) for three years alongside Luxpresso (luxury digital platform-India/now defunct), Design Detail (Kerala, India), Luxurious Magazine (UK/Asia), Adorn (India) and Eluxe Magazine. Smitha works on editorial features alongside international and regional jewellery and luxury brands. She has done content writing projects for Mariana Wehbe Public Relations (Beirut), NK Luxury Consultancy (Dubai), Warp’n Weft, Fahed +Architects, Avakian, Marie Mas, Qayten and Gyan Jaipur & Gyan Museum.
She writes on jewellery-watches, travel & lifestyle and design for several media:
- Solitaire – The Fine Art Of Jewellery and Living, Asia Pacific (Singapore)
- The Adventurine (USA)
- Natural Diamond Council
- Solitaire International (Jewellery B2B magazine, India)
- Upscale Living Magazine (Digital + Print, USA)
- Luxe -Businessline (The Hindu, India)
- The Architectural Digest (Digital, India)
- Gold Book Magazine (Jewellery B2B, Turkey)
- The Retail Jeweller (B2B, Middle East)
- The Jewelry Journal (Jewellery & Lifestyle, USA)
- Grazia (India)